- Qualified, trained instructors deliver comprehensive interactive curricular material with a sense of adventure and are committed to creating a positive, engaged, & safe learning environment, responsive to divergent student levels of aptitude, learning style, & cultural backgrounds.
Parent, Volunteer, & Community Participation is engaged on many levels, such as:
- Local health, food, agricultural, environmental and fishery professionals present meaningful information to students during on-campus visits.
- THP students visit at least one farm or ranching operation during their participation in the program.
- Parent volunteers help in THP classes, contribute materials, participate in workday projects, provide additional leadership and skills to students in special projects, participate in focus groups for ongoing program evaluation
- Members of the community provide opportunities for civic engagement and community participation; THP students serve as program ambassadors and operate their own booth at the local farmer's market
- Connection to Parents & THP Student Families by conducting health related workshops, Family Dinner Night Events, and through student produce sales
- Backing, commitment, & resources of a locally based, diversely experienced, committed Board of Directors
Do you like this page?